Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Why I Loved Noah and You Should Too!


Where I am coming from...

Let me start this post by letting you know where I am coming from.  I believe to story of Noah to be true hook line and sinker.  I believe that Noah built the ark, and I believe God flooded the earth and destroyed everything not in the ark.

Why you should love it!

Put all of the bad theology aside--more on that later--and just go to watch it.  It is a beautifully constructed movie with wonderful CGI scenes.  Beyond the visual appearance I love this movie because it made me think.  I was constantly examining what I knew to be true and what I believed about the issue. This would be a great movie to bring people to to witness to.  Take them out for dessert later and discuss the differences between the Bible and the movie.

What about the mixed up theology?

I am not going to touch this as there are tons of articles on it.

My thoughts from the movie...

The following are my questions and thoughts from the movie, take from it what you will.
  • The only thing that separates Noah's family from the "Men" is that they do not eat meat. This leads me to think that the director/writer is a vegetarian.  He is an active animal rights activist.
  • The "rock people" are fallen angels.  Wouldn't that make them demons?
  • It broke my heart to see the characters begging God to hear from him.  It makes me realize that I take the availability of the Holy Spirit that came through Christ's death for granted.  The people of the OT hear audibly form God time to time, but they do not have the assurance that I have.
  • Methuselah was really old.  I have heard that he probably did die in the flood, but I cannot back this up.
  • God created the earth for Humans to enjoy.  He did not create the earth just for animals with us as care takers.
  • There is no such thing as magic snakeskin. 
  • I have no idea what those magic rocks are for...
  • I am not sure if they would have had that capability for metal works.
  • So many more thoughts but not enough time to type them.

No comments:

Post a Comment