Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Tough revalations...a long way from home

So last week was a hard week for me and I have been debating whether or not to write about it, but I think I will give it a shot.  My week did not start out great, as I had an event the previous weekend for my business that I took and absolute bath on.  So I was already down.  The topping on the cake last week though is I found out that 2 people I knew--one I knew very well--died in Minnesota.  I think the real kicker for me in cases like this when stuff happens I cannot just drop a hat and go to things like funerals (while my work schedule allows for the time it is over $200 for gas round trip back home).  So yeah it was a hard week.

My point in telling you all this is not to be a downer, or to get sympathy it is in fact to be an encouragement.  What I want people to take away from my week is that it is starting to get better.  One verse I have taken comfort in is Romans 8:18 Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory he will reveal to us later.  While was not physically suffering you bet that my emotional being was a total wreck last week.  I just have to keep thinking that the flipside of all of this is that His glory is going to be awesome.  In a bible study I am part of this week we talked about Gideon in Judges 6 and how even though he thought God was crazy he said: " “How can I rescue Israel? My clan is the weakest in the whole tribe of Manasseh, and I am the least in my entire family!” The Lord said to him, “I will be with you. And you will destroy the Midianites as if you were fighting against one man.”"  Gideon had to ask for a few signs after this, but the point is that eventually he followed.  I am thinking of all the times last week that I asked "why?" just like Gideon, and I am reminded of how God has gone before us and how impactful it is to me that Jesus had his good friend Lazarus die.  God truly has gone before us and know how to comfort you, you just have to run to him.

I am sorry for the randomness of this post, but I just thought I would just type away what ever came to mind.  Have a blessed day!
@

No comments:

Post a Comment