Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Singing in the storm

Sometimes you get thrown challenges out of nowhere.  It is how you deal with those challenges that makes you who you are.




I got in a car accident when I was 18 and sprained my upper and lower spine.  It usually does not cause me problems except lately my entire back is throbbing.  I think a lot of this is due to the stress in my life, but I have also been hauling boxes of books around lately so I think that is part of it too.

Anyway the point of this post was not to throw a pity party, so here is the point.  I went up in church to receive prayer for my back.  As per usual God was not content with just dealing with my physical pain.  A person told me that when I am feeling down I need to sing.  I doesn't really matter what or how I sing, just to sing.

So I thought why not, what is the harm?

There have been some tough challenges in my life this week that have been slightly overwhelming so I tried this singing this and it has greatly helped me.  One of the songs I have had stuck in my head is a song we used to sing in school so I thought I would share it:

When the storm roars,
When the storm roars,
When the storm roars all around,
HEY!

When the storm roars,
When the storm roars,
When the storm roars all around,
HEY!

I am weak,
But He is strong,
By His strength we move along.

When the storm roars,
When the storm roars,
When the storm roars all around,
HEY!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful truth, beautiful girl, beautiful song.

    ReplyDelete