25 days of DIY Christmas: Days 1 and 2

Holidays are usually a time of stress and tight budgets.  Not in our house!  It is my favourite holiday and I really go all out!  In an effort to help others enjoy Christmas as much as I am I am going to post an inexpensive DIY December 2-25--I'll include two projects for December 2.

December 1 DIY:

Since I got married last year the size of my family increased more than five times of my "original family."  Since I enjoy knitting and crocheting so much I make many of my presents.  I love dish clothes, they are simple and all you need to know how to do is cast on, knit, and cast off.  It usually takes me about 30 mins to make one.  I suggest giving these in packs of 4 or 8.  My sister, Sarah, introduced them to me and they are the BEST you will ever have so make sure to make some for yourself!

Here is a link to a wonderful YouTube video on how to make them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6t1upQeNAE

This is what a finished product looks like:






December 2 DIY:

As the party season quickly approaches often we are asked to bring a snack, or dessert.  I love to bring peanut butter fudge as it is simple to make and absolutely delicious!  Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter(1 stick)
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1- 16 oz package of confectioners sugar

1. Set a burner on your stove to med-low heat.  Place the butter in a large pot and melt the butter on the stove stirring frequently to prevent burning.

2. When the butter is completely melted add the peanut butter and turn off the stove.

3. When the butter and the peanut butter are completely mixed together add 2 cups of the sugar and then add the remaining sugar 1 cup at a time till the fudge is stiff like cookie dough.

4. Shape the fudge into whatever shape you want, or place in a small cake pan and refrigerate for 30 mins.  Store in fridge until ready to serve.





Comments

Popular Posts